I specialize in an integration of mind and body approaches for working with personal and relationship change. This might include learning mindful awareness practices, self-compassion, stress-reduction skills and approaches for working with negative thoughts and emotional reactivity. These practices are very helpful for clients working with issues such as anxiety, panic disorder, post-traumatic stress symptoms, depression, relationship issues, stress-related physical problems and life transitions. I work with couples to support improved communication, conflict resolution, reduced reactivity and improved emotional connection.
Mind and body approaches that I teach and support in psychotherapy include somatic experiencing, mindful awareness of present moment experience of thoughts, sensations and emotions with kindness towards oneself and non-judgement. I teach stress-reduction strategies, cognitive skills for working with negative thoughts and effective relationship skills.
I am a certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner for work with high anxiety & trauma symptoms. I am also certified by the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center, Mindfulness Facilitation Program as a Mindfulness Facilitator.
More specifically, Dr. Collins offers:
- Mindfulness-based individual and group therapy for anxiety, panic & depression
- Somatic experiencing therapy for working with trauma
- Heartmath practices and therapeutic meditation to increase calm, decrease anxiety & stress-related physical complaints
- Mindfulness-based communication training for couples to reduce relationship stress
- Online coaching support for habit change & mindfulness practice
- American Psychological Association
- San Diego Psychological Association
- Mindfulness Association